rabble is proud to announce that we have taken home the silver in the Canadian Online Publishing Awards (COPAs) for Best News Website in the online media category.
We are also honoured and proud to say our columnist Natasha Darling received a nomination for her column under the Best Column category.
For 14 years, the COPAs have recognized digital content creators across a range of Canadian industries.
Being recognized in this category cements rabble’s place in the Canadian media landscape as one which is dedicated to quality journalism and one which amplifies the message of activism. Winning this award especially validates the hard work that the entire rabble team puts into the website all year round.
“rabble’s longevity and creativity after 21 years of independent progressive media is an ongoing commitment for us. We are just thrilled to receive this recognition,” said publisher Kim Elliott.
Congratulations to our current team including:
- Breanne Doyle, managing editor;
- Jennifer Stackhouse, operations manager;
- Shirley Marquez, administration and membership coordinator;
- Karishma Joshi, marketing optimization assistant;
- Stephen Wentzell, national politics reporter;
- Gabriela Caluga-Casuga, labour reporter;
- Karl Nerenberg, senior parliamentary reporter;
- Kiah Lucero, our Jack Layton 2022 Journalism for Change Fellow;
- Kim Elliott, publisher;
- and all other team members who have worked on the site over the last year.
Our commitment to our readers
Last year, our team covered historic, progressive Canadian news. This includes the strike of CUPE Ontario’s education support workers, action to combat climate change, the ongoing path towards Truth and Reconciliation, and so much more. In 2023, we will continue to share the news and views missing from mainstream media and amplify the voices and messages that are needed to build a better future.
Lastly, we have to acknowledge: all of our work would not be possible without the support of our readers, donors, and partners. Thank you for your continued support.
Celebrate with us! If you’d like to support rabble and toast to our COPA win, consider making a donation at rabble.ca/donate. Thanks in advance; every little bit counts!